vegas 9 project file

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Is there a way to tell if a sony pro project file is vegas 8 or 9? I inherited an editing project from another companywith all off the files deliverd to me on a hard drive.

I have vegas 8 and I can open some of the files but other project files I get the message not a recognized file format.

I looked at the file details but did not see anything obvious that gives me a clue. The project files I can’t open have a newer date

Participant

Use a binary editor, like Textpad, and look around location 1A0 to 200.? You can see samples of two random veg files I picked here:

http://www.mmdv.com/sonyvegas/vegfile.jpg

Also, if you are running Version 9, then it won’t matter because version 9 will open version 8 VEG files. But not the other way ’round.

?

Participant

Yea its on the Vegas Forum as well if its done in Vegas 9 you cannot go back to Vegas 8. Find out what version they have. You could also convert the files through another program then bring it into 8 something like that

Participant

Steve

I had not thought of looking at the file. I opened the file with a program called notepd++ (Not sure if this is a similar program)but could not see what you see in the picture you posted. I saw the word NULL alot.

I am running version 8. daryldrj
      Since my client recieved the files from company that they have severed ties with I can’t really call them to see if they moved to version 9 during the project.

All of the video files delivered are OK. Just tryin to understand why I get the non supported file error on some of the project files. If I can confirm that they are version 9 files then I would make a decision if itwould be worthwhile to upgrade.

The work I picked up is to make 2 minute group specific videos for the client. It may not be worth the upgrade.

Thanks for the info and I would appreciate any other ways that may let me confirm the file format.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap