Vegas 8 not recognizing .mts files

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a sony sr-12 and the program does not recognized the .mts video format in the camera. I cannot open the files to edit them! vegas movie studio9 platinumhas no problem… I need the multiple tracks to develop my movies. what is going on here? I had no problems when installing the software….

Participant

merlinsat, What version of vegas 8 are you using ? Are you using the DV capture or are you using the HD capture etc.. Are you using XP or Vista? Also you can go tp the sony vegas forums and I know someone can get you going in the right direction. http://www.vegasusers.com/Check it out

Participant

I have an SR11 and I just copy the MTS files from the camera to the PC via USB then drag those to the timeline (the trimmer actually). I am running 8.0b.

Participant

im using xp pro, connect camera via usb port and drag files in or import through vegas. works with mpeg files no problem..not mts files. vegas pro build 144( I think this is problem from reading other feeds)

Participant

OMG I AM GETTING THIS SAME PROBLEM! Mts files from my HG10 Canon is not reading at all. =[ I am assuming it is because i have SonyVegas8 Pro B? or do i have to install something?

Participant

Upgrade your vegas to V8c and see if that cures the bug

Participant

I did upgradeand installedvergas 8.0c last night; I worked perfectly! OK folks, open up the help in vegas 8, go to check for updates. It will take you to the Sony pageto download 8.0c.File size is about 112mb; It seems that any build at 144 or older does not support AVCHD. Thank you guys for your quick responses and help. I will be a regular member of this page!!!!! I create commericals, create movies and other media development for avariety of businesses and schools;You saved me a lot of time as I have a few project to finish and could not get my video.. Chat with you later!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap