Vegas 6 crashes during render

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m SO happy with Vegas 6. I’m a Studio 9 user (used to be anyway) but one thing that Vegas keeps doing to me is crashing during a "render as" save when there is fast motion added to a clip.

It renders fine if I’ve added slowmo or just left the speed as is, but when I speed up a clip it always crashes on me during the render.

Does anyone have any idea why that is. And by the way I just don’t think it could be my PC. I just dropped 4k on a Velocity Micro that is so tricked out it has a radiator. Yea, like a car.

Anyway, suggestions?

Participant

Yep that sounds like the best option. Thanks, I knew I just wasn’t thinking hard enough. πŸ™‚

But just for conversation sake does Premiere Pro have trouble with "sped up" footage during render? And since we’re proposing a short render for the fast motion footage, does the length of the render have something to do with it?

Just thinking out loud. It’s wierd though.

Inactive

bmoney,

I know you were asking "compusolver" about rendering ramped up footage but I thought I would throw my 2 cents in real quick.

I have been using Adobe PP for a while now and one thing that I can honestly say is that I have never had a problem rendering anything on a timeline. I’ve taken clips and increased them 400% and slowed them down 25% and never had a problem. The only thing that does happen is that it can take a while to render clips with various blurr filters or special 3D effects attached. Other than that it has been rock solid and very stable for me.

RAM

Participant

Cool. Thanks for that. I strayed away from PP because everyone said it had a bigger learning curve. I went ahead and bought the Vegas learning DVD too and that got me up and running really fast.

Does Adobe offer a learning DVD set like that? If so, I might consider switching to it (or at least trying it) after I get a good solid handle on Vegas.

The bottom line is, I hate quirks like this one in Vegas. It shouldn’t have a problem rendering ya know? And the funny thing is, slow motion and regular time work fine. It only crashed when it hit the clip of fast motion. Doesn’t make since.

I like the program allot. ALLOT. But this type thing is just annoying enough to make me look at other programs.

I hope someone will come forward with a tip or trick that I can use to avoid this, outside of doing what compusolver suggested. Which is ok, but nevertheless, it’s another step added to my already overloaded schedule.

Anyway, thanks again for the comments guys!

Participant

LOL

I’m shooting motocross so it’s not a sleeper by any means. But it doesn’t pay like weddings do. Well not yet anyway. Fingers crossed.

Inactive

[quote="bmoney"]I strayed away from PP because everyone said it had a bigger learning curve.[/quote]

I remember way back when I first looked at Premiere. The first thing I said to my self was, "No Way am I ever going to figure this out!" It was very intimidating when I first fired it up. Realistically, I would say it took me about 2 projects (non-weddings) before I was comfortable with it. Now I know it like the back of my hand. I seem to spend more time coming up with a good idea in my head versus actually making that idea come to fruition.

Since you have worked with an NLE, it should come to you pretty quickly because the theory is basically the same. Its knowing where to find everything that hangs you up. Kind of like buying a new car. You know how to drive but where the heck is the windshield wiper switch? πŸ˜€

RAM

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites β€” 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap