Vegas 5

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

How much is sony vegas 5 at the store?

Inactive

Prob about 400 $ or a bit less

Inactive

there’s the stripped-down version, called vegas movie studio, it’s just about $ 100 and I think it’s all you need. check out its demo on the sonymediapictures website.

Participant

Vegas 6 is now shipping!

Ive been calling Sony Vegas one of the best kept secrets in the industry. Based on the crowds at the Vegas 6 user event, the training classes and the Vegas 6 pod in the Sony booth, I think its clear that the secret is out! What makes Vegas so impressive is its rock solid stability and performance at such an affordable price. Vegas 6 has built in support for HDV and it works perfectly with the new Sony HDV camcorders. If you need to edit uncompressed SD or HD footage, Blackmagic Design Decklink cards are now supported in Vegas 6.

I really like the new and improved media management and project nesting. Put that together with Vegass already great audio tools, color correction, velocity envelopes (speed controls) and customizable transitions and its easy to see why Vegas 6 was such a hit at NAB2005!

Vegas 6 is optimized for the very latest CPU technology including hyperthreading, multi-processors, dual core and even next years cell processors. The more CPU power you give Vegas, the more real-time performance you get and the faster the rendering and/or encoding for final output. Vegass CPU optimization works both ways. What do I mean by this? You dont require a killer computer system or dual processors to get great results. In fact, Vegas 6 can edit HDV footage on a single 2.4 Ghz processor! Thats pretty amazing!!

The new Vegas+DVD Production Suite includes Vegas 6, DVD Architect 3.0 and a Dolby Digital encoder. DVD Architect 3 is a very powerful DVD authoring solution that integrates beautifully with Vegas 6. Youll be able to create DVDs with advanced navigation tools, 5.1 surround sound and professional looking DVD layout and design.

Veasg 6 is in stock $399.95.

Sony is offering a $50 mail-in rebate on the Vegas+DVD Production Suite. As an added bonus, we are including a whole suite of Vegas training DVDs FREE with your purchase of Vegas 6!

We are also offering our Vegas Mega Bundle that includes the Vegas+DVD Production Suite, Soundforge 8 w/ Noise Reduction and Acid Pro 5 for only $949.95 after rebate.

If you have a friend or family member looking to get started in video editing & DVD production have them check out Sony’s Vegas Movie Studio. While it is based on the same technology in Vegas 6, it is extremely easy to use. It has some of the most impressive integrated tutorials and help screens I have ever seen in a video editing product. For less than $100, its a great way to learn about video editing. When the time comes for them to migrate up to Vegas 6, theyll already have a basic understanding of the interface and workflow.

For more info on Vegas 6 click here http://www.videoguys.com/sonicfoundry.html

Gary

Inactive

Wow that is quite the advert ohh boy

Inactive

there’s the stripped-down version, called vegas movie studio, it’s just about $ 100 and I think it’s all you need. check out its demo on the sonymediapictures website

Can you do that ghost image thing with it……thats all i want to do

Inactive

I have no idea.
      I quit using that software a few months ago and even while I worked with it, I never used the fancy effects.
      Download and install the trial version.

Inactive

I have no idea.
      I quit using that software a few months ago and even while I worked with it, I never used the fancy effects.
      Download and install the trial version.

Do you got a link where i can downlad it?

Inactive

You can download a trial version of Sony Vegas Movie Studio 4.0 here: http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/download/step2.asp?DID=531 .

Thanks man that helps a lot.

Participant

zax Wrote:

there’s the stripped-down version, called vegas movie studio, it’s just about $ 100 and I think it’s all you need. check out its demo on the sonymediapictures website

Can you do that ghost image thing with it……thats all i want to do

All that’s stripped down in Movie Studio is that it uses the Microsoft DV CODEC and it’s limited in the number of tracks.

Oh, and it’s based on Version 5 of Vegas.

Participant

Hello:

I recently purchased Sony Vegas 5.0 bundle. I have a new computer with tons of hard drive space, memory, a fast CPU, etc. I have a NVidia video card/128 MB DDR/4x-8xAGP/VGA-TV Out/Nview Dual Display.

When I enter into Sony Vegas 5.0, and select the Capture function, I can hook my Sony DCR TRV260 digital video camera to the USB port and watch the video streaming in and it looks just like I shoot it, smooth, and the sound is solid. But when I click on the Capture Video button, the video footage become choppy, and jerky. However, the sound is playing just fine. When I stop Capture and view what I’ve captured it also is choppy, jerky, the same as it was captured. Is there something in the settings that I need to change?

I tried using Video Maker, just to see if the footage would capture there just fine, but the results were the same; footage looked fine while streaming, but choppy, jerky in playback.

There’s nothing running in the background (I assume) of my system. I am not using the computer for anything else except for digital music recording, which I use on a different hard drive, which has Windows 2000, opposed to the Windows XP I use on the Sony Vegas hard drive.

Help, before I loose my… Thanks. brw459@yahoo.com

Participant

your problem is that you are capturig through a usb port. you need to capture through firewire

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

A Lighting Buyer’s Guide

The best lights for video production — 2020

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap