Vegas 5

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

When talking about higher end editing software, Premiere and FCP are mentioned quite often, where Sony Vegas 5 is not, well not in the conversations i have had.

Is there a big difference between Vegas and these that would turn editors away from it?

-Bill

Inactive

I’ve had lots of experience with AVID, premiere, pinnacle, vegas, etc. I can tell you now that I SWEAR by Vegas. It’s EASILY the best NLE I’ve used. I can do more than most NLEs and A LOT EASIER! But that’s just me, you have to decide what NLE is good for you

-Jim

Inactive

I agree with the above post. Vegas is really the greatest NLE out there for it’s price. Though, I do wanna try AVID XPress Pro. Vegas is really nice software. I use it to make all my films.

Inactive

I too am a bifg fan of vegas 5, tried to use adobe but it reads like chinese to me, sony vegas has tons of options and im learning every day

Inactive

I have also worked with almost all of the low to high range editors, and I agree that it depends on your personal preferences but also on the type of job at hand.
      Premiere pro is a great all-arounder, but my favorite for cutting is Avid Xpress pro. It’s not great for special effects by itself, but for accuracy of editing and trimming cuts it is the best. You can get the best match action and trimming control, and it does things like closing up gaps and making subclips a natural part of the workflow.

Inactive

Hey, my first post here…Hi!
      I started with Studio 8.4.x and also use Studio 9.3.5.10 Plus. I bought Vegas 5 a few months back and have to say that the learning curve did turn my brain into Swiss Cheese at first, and to be honest still does at times. Vegas is an incredibly powerful NLE. The things it can do blow me away on a daily basis. Great software, and guess what…doesn’t crash. I only have positive things to say about it. So now I have to decide…upgrade or not to upgrade to Vegas 6? Do I really want to get into the learning curve so soon again, especially when I’m still learning Vegas 5. ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant

I think if you want to do stuff with chroma key, you really should either get a dedicated app for chroma stuff or a compositing app. In editor stuff is… blah.

I got Pinnacle (only for the MovieBox, which is absolutely the best capture device ever developed ever) and it sucks. Crashes all the time, terribly slow. Vegas never does that. Ever.

If you are scared about the learning curve, Vegas’s lil bro is nice, Vegas MovieStudio. No curve that I went through, just nice stuff.

And if you need chroma key stuff, Chromanator is dedicated to that, churns out fantastic results. http://fxhome.com/chromanator/

Welcome to the forums Redd!

I would love to try out Avid, however in Central New York there isn’t much in the way of film making studios, and I can’t exactly afford it.

Comitar

Participant

I started out using Studio 8. It was cool but i needed to go high end so i tried Vegas 4 and it blew me away with what I was able to do! I will say though that if you are using low end software most of the high ends will blow you away!! I still use Vegas 4 and the options of what you can do with it are endless! I’m sure Adobe and Avid will allow you to do similar things. It all depends on you and your preferences! Before using Vegas I listen to others in this forum say that they experience no problems with Vegas and that was enough for me to give it a tr, and after using Vegas I have had 0 problems with Vegas!!! I’ll soon be upgrading to Vegas 6!

Participant

I’m either getting Vegas 6 or DigiGrade (when it comes out). Vegas looks awesome, but just imagine… studio-level digital color grading at a consumer-level price… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

๐Ÿ˜€

Comitar

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for YouTube โ€” 2021

One of the most common mistakes beginning video producers make is to overlook audio. Little do these beginners know that audiences are quicker to stop watching a video because of lousy sound quality than they are for poor video. Sound...
homicide-bootstrap