VCD format with DVD quality

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi,

I have been burning my project into VCD using mpeg1 format and I am not really satisfy with the quality. Is there any other format I can use to get the DVD quality ?( which is using mpeg2 ). Most of my client prefer a VCD player as DVD player are still expensive in our country. That is why I would like any advice than enable me to burn my VCD project to a DVD quality picture. For your information, I am using Sony VX2100E for my video shooting ( great picture outcame )

Thanks

Inactive

Thanks svhs,

Im interested to know more about the DixX ( format ) with Mpeg4 compression. How do I go about it. Can it play on any VCD/DVD player ( the new one )

Inactive

VCD = 352×288 (PAL), DVD = 720×576 (PAL) remember? What you can do, though, is author a Mini-DVD, which means burning MPEG-2, DVD content, onto a regular CD-R, but due to size limitations of the medium, you will only be able to squeeze in about 15 minutes of video. At excellent quality. Compatible with PC’s and most standalone DVDs.

Inactive

Plus: I don’t know if it helps a lot, since most forum members are from NTSC countries, but when in doubt about discs and compressions, you can take a look at this:

Inactive

Unfortunately, too few DVD players support the DivX format.
      If you’re thinking of DivX as a potential distribution format for your videos, then forget it. It’s not good enough to be worth irritating the client with things like “Well here’s your CD, and you also have to install some codecs from the internet … bla-bla”.
      You can find all the information you want about DivX from the project’s website, http://www.divx.com.
      Hope it helps.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap