Using the LCD Screen in Sunlight

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi: I have got a Sony HDR-SR10E Handycam, and I am having real problems when filming outdoors. Even with the sun at my back, it is very difficult sometimes to be able to see thru the LCD screen – most of the time, I am just guessing where my subject is located (I am trying to do videos of aircraft takeoffs and landings) because the LCD screen is “blacked out” by the sun’s glare (again – even when the sun is behind me).

Anyone have any tips on how to manage this?

Thx

Mick

Rob
      Participant

look for an LCD hood. You could probably just look it up on google to see what they look like, and then make your own.

D0n
      Participant

doesn’t your camera have a viewfinder? not only does it work, but if you’re handholding, you’ll get steadier shots using the viewfinder instead of the lcd.

domineaux
      Participant

I was at the beach awhile back trying to make some video of children. I couldn’t use the viewfinder, because I was hold the camera below my waist.

Also, theLCD wasn’t usable. I basically, leaned over with andblocked or deflected the sunlight. Then I set up the shots and just went at it without seeing the action. I just held steady on the camera and got some great video.

I think being a camera buffrequires a lot of workarounds. LOL

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Miscellaneous Techniques’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN