Using the LCD Screen in Sunlight

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi: I have got a Sony HDR-SR10E Handycam, and I am having real problems when filming outdoors. Even with the sun at my back, it is very difficult sometimes to be able to see thru the LCD screen – most of the time, I am just guessing where my subject is located (I am trying to do videos of aircraft takeoffs and landings) because the LCD screen is “blacked out” by the sun’s glare (again – even when the sun is behind me).

Anyone have any tips on how to manage this?

Thx

Mick

Participant

look for an LCD hood. You could probably just look it up on google to see what they look like, and then make your own.

Participant

doesn’t your camera have a viewfinder? not only does it work, but if you’re handholding, you’ll get steadier shots using the viewfinder instead of the lcd.

Participant

I was at the beach awhile back trying to make some video of children. I couldn’t use the viewfinder, because I was hold the camera below my waist.

Also, theLCD wasn’t usable. I basically, leaned over with andblocked or deflected the sunlight. Then I set up the shots and just went at it without seeing the action. I just held steady on the camera and got some great video.

I think being a camera buffrequires a lot of workarounds. LOL

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Videomaker’s 2020 holiday gift guide

When it comes to holiday gifting for people who are deeply involved in a niche or hobby, it's challenging to decide which ideas are worthwhile. If the hobby has become an actual gig that they invest in, it can be daunting. This is true with videographers as much as anything, but we're here to help. You might want to find a gift that is exactly what they need to round out their gear, or something a little more fun. Either way, we've got you covered.
homicide-bootstrap