Using camera file times for sync

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I apologize if this has been asked and answered but I am new to video and this forum. I do event videography with two cameras and a digital audio recorder. Is there any way to use the camera and recorder time of day information to give at least an approximate sync for editing? I use Adobe Premier Pro and Final Cut Pro. I have a trial version of PluralEyes but it sometimes doesn’t work perfectly and will cost me $149 to buy in 10 days. I could very carefully synchronize the clocks in the equipment before I start a shoot. All the equipment records to SD cards so there are file times recorded with the files.

Participant

time of day for both cameras is easier because you don’t have to run a gen lock line. Not all cameras have time of day mode though. Hop into the ole manual and look under TC or time code.

Participant

I have only found two reliable, and cheap solutions…

one: 3-2-1 (loud handclap) after hitting record on all three devices and synch em manually in post…. using the audio spike..

and an iphone clackerboard ap called iSlate which again allows a visual clock reference to use in post.

good, cheap or easy…. pick one.

Participant

To Grinner – I have set the clocks but am interested if any software inside or outside Adobe Premier can use that information for synchronization.

To Don – that solution would be fine for normal production but I record public events and make lots of short clips. Loud claps every few minutes would get me kicked out of the hall.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap