used cameras

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have been looking for a new camcorder and a lot of the ones that Im interested in are way too much for me. I was looking at B&H, and they had some nice used camcorders. They had the Panasonic AG-DVC80 used for about $1,800. Does anyone know if it is worth spending that much for a used camera or has anyone ever bought a used camera from B&H or anything?

Participant

Buying used may seem like a good idea when your going strictly on price, though here are a few things to consider.

1. Most cameras don’t keep track of how many hours they have on them, so chances are if you are getting one used for a good price it has a lot of hours. ie (it might look good cosmetically but mechanically it is like a car with 200,000 miles).

2. The tape heads aren’t meant to last forever, so you might find a repair cost of both time and money ($400 or so) very soon after purchasing it.

3. I’ve never purchased from B&H used, they are great for buying new, but I really have no idea how thourogh their testing procedure is for used equipment, and there’s probably not much of a warrenty.

Final thought, if you can hold off to buy it new it will be like unwrapping a present πŸ™‚ and when I just bought one I got a 3 year protection plan on it (very nice for using it as much as I do).

Thanks
      ~Adam
      http://www.inmotionvideo.biz

Participant

Talking about protection, has any one got any view. I trying to buy a new camcorder PD170. one supplier is selling it 100+vat. The only difference is one has a sony extended 2 years warrantly while the other has one year.

has any one got any view or experience on this area.

thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses β€” 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap