use of Brand Names

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

If I am using as ana example, a Rigid table saw in my video, do I have to get permissions from the manufacturer before I publish it? Can I airspray out the name on the saw and use it without permissions?

What is everyones take on this?

Inactive

olde44,

Well, first off, let me say that I am not a lawyer. So what I say is just my uninformed opinion.

I would think there would be 2 situations where you would might have a problem:

1. If you are indicating that something is bad about the table saw. (Either that particular brand, or table saws in general.)

2. You are trying to use the good name of the table saw to promote something of yours. (Maybe implying that the table saw maker approves of a product or service of yours.)

As long as the table saw and the brand of the saw are just incidental to what you are showing, I don’t think there would be a problem. (Just think of all the movies that show cars on the street. Nobody tries to block out the car brands.)

That’s my 2 cents worth.

Ken Hull

Participant

That was my take. The saw is going to be used in a woodworking demonstration, so there will be no negativity.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap