URGENT – FCP exporting for UK broadcast

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing URGENT – FCP exporting for UK broadcast

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      puremotion
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I have a really urgent question that I’m hoping someone in the know can answer – it concerns exporting PAL 16:9 video (with audio) from FCP, in such a format/compression that is acceptable for UK broadcast.

I have recently started a video production business, and we’ve just been asked (at short notice) to film & export footage for broadcast on regional news in the UK (it only broadcasts in SD – so we’ve filmed in SD. It’s going out on the BBC and ITV). It was filmed on a Canon XH-A1s, and the audio was recorded with a Rode NTG-2. We’ve got it all shot, captured and edited, and we now need to render it out.

Thing is, we’re faced with so many compression options, we don’t know which one to choose! We’ve only ever really used H.264 .mov for web/YouTube videos, so we’re totally new to the concept of exporting for broadcast. I assume it needs to be as uncompressed/high quality as possible? Or is there something totally different I should be thinking about?

If someone can please do me a huge favour by providing the correct export settings for this situation, I would love you forever. Also, would the same principle apply if the footage is in HD, or would it require different settings?

Many, many thanks in advance.

– Josh.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN