Uploading Videos to Internet sites i.e. You Tube

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have just entered the wonderful world of video and I now realize that I am a complete amateur. I purchased a Canon HG10, a very nice camera. I have struggled through the basics of capturing the video to the computer using the software that was provided at purchase – Corel Application Disc which includes InterVideo Win DVD SE and Ulead DVD Movie Factory SE – DVD Movie Writer SE Version 2.0. I’ve learned to burn a DVD and am just beginning to learn editing techniques with this software. I am having a problem uploading the videos that I make to YouTube and Photobucket. I identify the video in my files, upload them and YouTube/Photobucket tells me that my upload “Failed (invalid file format)”. Do I need to change the file format? How do I do this? It can’t be that hard. I’m stabbing in the dark here and its driving me nuts. Is it too much camera being that its HDD??? Thanks to anyone who can help. Ron in Roanoke, Virginia

Inactive

YouTube accepts .AVI, .WMV files as well as others. When you render in your editor program, render as a WMV (windows media file) and that will upload just fine. Also remember that YouTube puts a 100MB limit on the file size, so make sure your clip is 100 or smaller.

Inactive

I’m not sure how user-friendly your software is for uploading to YouTube et al, but I would recommend you consider Adobe Premier Elements 4.0. This software has an interface that convertsyour video into the appropriate format & file size with just a couple of clicks. Verysimple.

This is also a great program for someone justgetting into the vidbiz. It’s pretty user-friendly & intuitive, but has a lot of features.Then, when you are ready, you can upgrade to the “full” version of Premiere.

Inactive

I’m not sure how user-friendly your software is for uploading to YouTube et al, but I would recommend you consider Adobe Premier Elements 4.0. This software has an interface that converts your video into the appropriate format & file size with just a couple of clicks. Very simple. This is also a great program for someone just getting into the vidbiz. It’s pretty user-friendly & intuitive, but has a lot of features. Then, when you are ready, you can upgrade to the “full” version of Premiere.

definitely a great recommendation…

Participant

YouTube accepts .AVI, .WMV files as well as others. When you render in your editor program, render as a WMV (windows media file) and that will upload just fine. Also remember that YouTube puts a 100MB limit on the file size, so make sure your clip is 100 or smaller.

Yes, when you Export or Render or “Make Movie” or whatever, check to make sure what the file format is.

Also, if your movie is too big for youtube, try vimeo.com. Vimeo has a 500 MB limit, so you can upload bigger movies and it’s what I use.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap