Uploading video.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Ok so iv shot my footage(hv40). Does the device i use to upload make a difference in quality? Iv gotten 2 stories, some say yes, some say no.

My question is once shot on my hv40 does it matter how i upload it to the computer? I have a older minidv camera, non HD, just a old jvc, can i upload from that so as not to put the wear on my hv40? Or how do i need to upload to ensure quality?

I know this is a total newbie type question but id rather ask now and have a good video than not and have a crap video lol, Thanks

Participant

If you shot in HD you will need to use the HV40. A SD camera will not support theHD transfer. It will work the other way around though if the HD camera has an SD option and the HV40 does.

Participant

To just add to what WSanford said above, because prices are coming down, you may be able to find an HV20 or 30 for cheap to use as a dedicated ‘ingest deck’.

Participant

Cool thanks alot . so the only separation is SD and HD correct? i could use my cheap jvc deck to upload tape shot on a xl2 then and not compromise quality?

I’m thinking about going to a hf m40 also and getting away form tapes but not sure yet.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap