I am unsure what to charge

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Okay, so I finished my first real “for hire” project in multimedia, but I am unsure as to what to charge my client. I worked with him approximately 8 hours designing a multimedia based DVD presentation, and burned about four copies. In addition, I used my own resources in terms of hard disk space. Can anyone give me a general idea of how much to charge in the invoice? Again, it’s my first time around with this kind of thing, so I have no previous experience to draw upon.

Based on your generalized info, more than 20 years in the business and recent parallel if not similar work done, I’d charge between $100 and $200 per hour for a turnkey product.

Broken down, in other instances, I charge $50 per hour for consultation/planning; $75 to $100 per hour for editing; appropriate goods fees (tapes, DVDs, etc.); $100 per hour videotaping…

…there’s a long list of probable and potential charges, and it has nothing to do with “nickle and diming” people. The ONLY way to sustain a “profitable” businesss is to cover your actual costs, materials and time, and get paid what your time is actually worth. Not always what the client will bear or what they’re willing to pay.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for YouTube — 2021

One of the most common mistakes beginning video producers make is to overlook audio. Little do these beginners know that audiences are quicker to stop watching a video because of lousy sound quality than they are for poor video. Sound...
homicide-bootstrap