Uncompressed AVI will not play anywhere, only EffectsMatrix player

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Uncompressed AVI will not play anywhere, only EffectsMatrix player

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      randysouthpaw
      Participant

I created a 30 meg animation video in Swish, a Flash (SWF) creation program and then converted to uncompressed AVI (3+ gig). I want to burn it onto DVD with highest resolution. I have been able to do it with codecs, Xvid, cinepak, etc. but can’t getuncompressed AVItoplay or import into editing/burning programs, except for one, EffectsMatrix Total Video Player. I’ve tried to view settingsof file but if I can’t import or play then I can’t see anything. I have tried Adobe Premiere Pro, AfterFX, Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 12, Sony Vegas, Ulead Workshop2, Ulead MediaStudio, etc and no luck. Any ideas out there? I want to play this DVD on a 48″ flat screen. Thanks, Randy Southpaw

Anonymous
      Inactive

check the “avi” file for codecs using gspot. avi is a wrapper, and it “could” be that you don’t have the proper codec installed. You say you are trying to burn to a dvd. As a data disc or as a dvd? If the latter, you need to render that avi file as mpeg 2 for dvd.

John

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN