unable to capture video to the computer with Adobe Premiere CS4 or CS5 trial

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders unable to capture video to the computer with Adobe Premiere CS4 or CS5 trial

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      llenthall@cox.net
      Participant

Adobe Premiere CS4 or trial version CS5 will not recognize my Canon XHA1. Is there an inexpensive editing program that I can use to import my clips to the hard drive and then use Premiere to edit? Will the quality be the same if I use a cheaper software for capture?

L. Lenthall

Woody
      Participant

Chances are you have a hardware issue, if thats the case other software isn’t going to help.

llenthall@cox.net
      Participant

Thank you for your fast reply.

What kind of hardware problem would that likely be? My computer more than meets the minimum requirements, and the drives are up to date. I had a Sony HD camcorder that worked well until its video card failed and couldn’t be replaced.

L.Lenthall

Woody
      Participant

If your running a PC, set your camera for SD output and see if windows movie maker sees it.If not then it could be something like updating the graphics card driver. You might try a different firewire as well. PP shouldn’t have any issue picking up that camera.

BruceMol
      Participant

The SD suggestion may work. A friend of mine told me she couldn’t use HD files on the trial version.

coranda
      Participant

It may just be a limitation of the trial version. I’ve heard that the trial version does not include any 3rd party components and so can’t do things like encode/decode mpeg files. Adobe would have to pay a licensing fee if they distributed them with the trial version.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN