Typography Test – Please Comment & Critique

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Here’s a quick typography piece I made for a competition, feel free to
      critique and comment on my work. (Comment on other then the voice over
      please)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dimzhohfm7M

If I had more time I would have considered placing more symbols and images into it.

Thanks,
      Corey

Participant

very nice, Corey.

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Good job Corey. I think it was a little bit fast (no that much), but it shows the message clearly.

Participant

naaa. Once you get the real VO in there, it’ll be fine.

Inactive

Thanks everyone. It was a little hard to get all the information in 30 seconds, though I do agree. Thanks

Participant

At first I had the same thought – it’s too fast – but too fast was effectiveon me because you had my full attention as I tried to keep up.

Guess it’s a double edged sword. Some will dismiss it because it’s too fast while others will be drawn in for the same reason.

Just curious, whatsoftware did you use?

Participant

Great job. I watched it a number of times. Fast pace helped keep our attention throughout the segment. I found the text a little hard to read (maybe my old eyes or the settings on my monitor). I was thinking that a border or shadow on text would help it stand out from the backgroundbut with the VO reinforcing the text I didn’t have any trouble following along. Once agagin great job!

Inactive

Thanks everyone for thefeedback. Unfortunately I had to use the light blue on white for the second lot of text as when the camera zoomed in onto the letter, the BG had to be light blue.

And I created this using After Effects CS4, whilst also using Videocopilot’s ‘Sure Target 2’

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap