Two Camera Editing

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I took two videos to my son’s Marching Band, playing the same program on two different fields. I tried to emulate two Camera editing using video 1 & 2 for the two raw footage I shot of the Band. I wanted to select the best angle and scenes out of the two footage, but I had audio synchronization problem that I could not solve. Does any one have an advice or a tip to help me solve the audio problem. I work with Adobe Premier elements 2.0

Inactive

Before I go on, I just want to make sure of what you’re trying to do.

Are you saying that you shot video of your son’s band with ONE camera at one field and then you shot video of the band playing the same program at a different field with ONE camera?

RAM

Inactive

This is pretty much where I was going too. That’s why I wanted to be sure what you were trying to do and with what.

Compusolver is right on with the sync issue BUT… you might be able to pull this off in this particular situation only because when you’re watching a band march around and play music, it would be very difficult if not impossible to tell by looking at them what they are playing. You’ll see someone playing a horn by watching their facial expressions but you won’t be able to tell what notes they are playing.

With that said, you would want to sync up both video clips as close as you can and then drop one of the audio tracks. Do your editing very carefully and you might be able to get it pretty close. The only time you would get trapped is if the band stopped at the end of a song and let’s say they dropped their horns like bands sometimes do. There all you have to do is make sure you are on the original video clip that the sound track came from. If you are on the other video clip, there might be a timing issue when the music stops and the band members bring their horns down. In otherwords you would still hear music when none of them had their horns to their mouths. If you are careful in editing it just might work and no one would know… except you, me and compusolver. πŸ˜‰

As was stated, creating a two camera project with one camera from two different events is almost impossible to make it look right.

RAM

Inactive

Dear Video-Maniac

I had a similar problem, once in the old analog days. I used a Panisonic AG-1950 pro VHS VCR.
      I had to video a dance review and they wanted different angles.
      I was lucky in that it was in the same theater but on successive days. I found it imposible to sync the video to the audio track so it just did a simple assemble edit sound and video from “A” then sound and video from “B”. I used a very quick, Less than a second, cross-fade between each camera change. The two most importand factors are; end one scene and start the next scene on the same note from the music, not by play time; & adjust the volume as close to the same as posible. The tone may very some but you would have to be very good at mixing to fix that.
      Good Luck
      Drafter

Inactive

Drafter,

That’s scary even talking about the old analog days. We come a long way baby. πŸ™‚

Anyway, I think you might have misunderstood me or I’m misunderstanding you. You would only use one audio track from one of the band preformances that “Amin Mamoun” shot. This would be the only sound track from front to back on this final clip. There is no way you could edit the two different sound clips together and make it sound like one. To many variables involved. Then you just do split-edits between the two video clips and as long as “Amin Mamoun” is on the video clip of which the audio originally came from when the band stops playing, it might just work. Remember that the video that generated the audio that’s being used should match up exactly.

Because the band was playing on two different fields, it won’t look like it was from one single event but I don’t think “Amin Mamoun” was after that. At least that’s what I’m assuming for we don’t know yet. I’m under the impression that “Amin Mamoun” just wanted a continous sound track played while showing the band at the two different locations. Because the program the band did was the same, she might be able to get pretty close.

Hopefully “Amin Mamoun” wasn’t thinking that you could edit this and make it look like one event. How could you?

RAM

Participant

Ouch what a head ache trying to mix two totally different sound recordings from two different concerts to make it sound as one!!!!!!!

I agree with you guys. One sound track mixed with two different video images is the easiest and probably the best solution

I did the same thing in my 1 camera days. One band, two concerts, different days, same time (lighting similar), same field – Damn band couldn’t play the same tempo twice. I had to increase and decrease the marching speed on video two to keep the marching in time wiith the music.

Inactive

Video-maniac Wrote:

Before I go on, I just want to make sure of what you’re trying to do.

Are you saying that you shot video of your son’s band with ONE camera at one field and then you shot video of the band playing the same program at a different field with ONE camera?

RAM

Yes, exactly that what I meant. Same show twice with the same camera, from a different angle .

Inactive

Video-maniac Wrote:

Drafter,

That’s scary even talking about the old analog days. We come a long way baby. πŸ™‚

Anyway, I think you might have misunderstood me or I’m misunderstanding you. You would only use one audio track from one of the band preformances that “Amin Mamoun” shot. This would be the only sound track from front to back on this final clip. There is no way you could edit the two different sound clips together and make it sound like one. To many variables involved. Then you just do split-edits between the two video clips and as long as “Amin Mamoun” is on the video clip of which the audio originally came from when the band stops playing, it might just work. Remember that the video that generated the audio that’s being used should match up exactly.

Because the band was playing on two different fields, it won’t look like it was from one single event but I don’t think “Amin Mamoun” was after that. At least that’s what I’m assuming for we don’t know yet. I’m under the impression that “Amin Mamoun” just wanted a continous sound track played while showing the band at the two different locations. Because the program the band did was the same, she might be able to get pretty close.

Hopefully “Amin Mamoun” wasn’t thinking that you could edit this and make it look like one event. How could you?

RAM

Thank you all for the valuable advice, I agree it is hard to have perfect synchronization of the audio and video, however, I shall use RAM’s advice and try again, thanks again.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap