Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Two Adobe questions
January 27, 2009 at 4:45 AM #45427chrisColoradoParticipant
1. Can Encore burn plain ol’ CDs?Or is it DVD only?
2. Is there a place you can go to get old versions of the software programs for cheap or even free?I’d like to get Premiere Pro 2.0, Photoshop and Illustrator CS, Encore DVD, Audition 1.0 and After Effects 6.0.
January 27, 2009 at 10:10 AM #188691IanParticipant
1. Encore CS3 is DVD, Blueray or Flash only. I don’t know about the older versions.
Can’t help with question 2.
January 27, 2009 at 3:22 PM #188692chuckengelsParticipant
1) Encore is a DVD Authoring application, that’s all. For burning CDs you can use iTunes, Windows Media Player, or the software that came with your DVD Burner I use Sonic RecordNow, many use Nero.
2) eBay, but no version is cheap or free 😉 You can use the older versions to get new versions for the upgrade price.
I had to pay over $200 for Encore v1, just so I could get Premiere Pro CS3 at the upgrade price.
January 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM #188693chrisColoradoParticipant
Chuckengels: I’ve used Windows Media player for CDs and it stinks! I hate the quality and it doesn’t even burn all the songs! What a piece of junk! I’ll look into the others.
And that’s too bad about the $200 for Encore. Hmm. I’ll keep looking anyway just in case.
January 27, 2009 at 6:32 PM #188694chuckengelsParticipant
You need to go into the main menu of Media Player, Tools/Options/Burn and set it up first. Take a look at all of the options tabs and make sure everything is set up correctly as you want it. I have burned dozens of CDs with Media Player and no problems with quality or anything else 😉
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.