Turning off the REC indicator

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a Sony Z7 I would like to record to a DVD burner but can’t figure out how to turn the REC indicator off so it does not show on the LCD screen and therfore to the DVD

Participant

If you send the video out by HDMI, it should be a clean picture

Inactive

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunatly my DVD burner does not have a HDMI connection although the camera does. The DVD device is a Sony VRD-MC6 it’s connections are Audio in (red and White) and video in(yellow) or a DV in or USB . When I connect using DV In I can only copy a recorded tape or memory card when I use the Video in (yellow) I cant’ records without the REC indicator showing on video. Any other ideas? Thanks for your imput I’m sure there is a way I just haven’t figured it out yet.

Inactive

I may have made some progress (not sure) I have been able to remove the Rec. indicator from my exported video butI also removed the date and time stamp which I need to have remain. Going in circles hope someone may have an idea.

Participant

Participant

Why do you need it directly to a DVD recorder? Why not record what you
      want and then make a DVD from it? Even recording in HD will be the same
      bitrate as the DVCAM (SD) will record, just a different format, so
      storage is the same. Or record in DVCAM if you really do not need HD.
      Recording straight to a DVD recorder will give a poor bitrate if you
      wish to do anything with the video later. I would hate to see a Z7 used for 8mb/s straight to DVD format when its potential is much higher.

Inactive

I am using the camera all be it more camera than needed for deposition work. You are correct it is better to simply copy of my memory card for a better result. Sometimes the client wants to take a copy with them. Of course with deposition work editing is not wanted.

I was able to remove the rec indicator but lost the date/time stampm at the same time it seems it is all or nothing. I thank you for efforts to help. It would seem though that as powerful as this camera is I could accomplish my goal.

Participant

I use a Z5, and I am pretty sure that the date code is embedded into the file so you can turn it on and off in editing software. It wouldn’t be editing really, just re-encoding it and you could probably do that on site in a matter of minutes.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video editing software — 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap