True DVD’s

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

hey, hoping you guys could help me out or set me straight. Is there a product out there that will produce TRUE DVD’s…not -r or +r. I have a low cost production company lined up but wondering if there is something out there that would allow me to do it myself and maybe save me money down the road.

Inactive

I’m lost!

Are you talking about mass produced DVD’s which are pressed versus home burned disks?

RAM

Inactive

Exactly, I want to know if there is any equipment the will allow me to press my own. I want them to be DVD’s not DVD-R or DVD+R. I’m worried that out of the 1500 DVD’s I sell at a time that 200 customers don’t have players that will read -R’s or +R’s. Might be way off with this let me know, I’m relatively new to all this.

Inactive

OK now I understand!

Actually what you are talking about requires a MAJOR investment. The equipment is VERY VERY specialized. Unless you plan on mass producing DVD’s for a living as a business, it won’t be cost effective.

However there are existing production houses out there that are set up to do this. You just show up with your DLT, tell them how many you want, give them some artwork design and they’ll do the rest. With the quantity you’re talking about I’m thinking you get a good price. It’s not as expensive as you think. Just do a GOOGLE search for DVD PRODUCTION HOUSE. You’ll fine these companies there. Especially on the right side of the page.

RAM

Inactive

Thanks…Kind of what I thought. The production co. I am working with is charging roughly $1.50 for each dvd as long as I order 1000. Just havent been able to even find the equipment so I thought I would ask. Thanks though.

Inactive

It all really depends on your target retail price and profit margin you want. There are companies that do the whole project from glass master to packaging. When you consider the time it would take you and the overhead of print/packaging materials, these can be quite appealing. Deals start at 1000 units, so be prepared to invest up front.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video — 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap