Trouble with mini-dv’s

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Will Sony Picture Package cause my computer to reboot even though I uninstalled Picture Package? Does it leave something in the Registry that needs to be removed?

I try installing a mini-dv in my DVD drive and when I do, the computer reboots. I have two different DVD drives on my computer and it does in both drives; I have also tried three different mini-dv’s. If I insert a commercial DVD, it has no problems!

Thanks,

Gary

Participant

I’ve used three different mini-dv’s and yes they are the 8cm DVD’s. When I formatted the disk, I used VR technology. I don’t know if that has an effect on it!

Participant

This is a dvd from a camcorder. I have got it fixed myself. Unfortunately when I tried to do a system restore to the earlier date when I installed Picture Package, it only went back two weeks and I installed it a month ago. So I had to go into the registry and remove all of the components of Picture Package in there. Once I removed all of it out of the registry and anything on the hard drive relating to Picture Package, I rebooted and tried my mini dv’s – they worked fine on another software.

This software is JUNK! I highly recommend anybody thinking about using it to fin another alternative!!!

Thanks,
      Gary

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap