trouble with continuity

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m very new to this process, but I have recently begun making films with Adobe Premiere Elements, and I’m having trouble with the editing process. I have all the clips I want in the correct order, but I was wondering if there was anyway to take the effects (color correction, shadow/highlight alterations, etc.) from one clip and copy them to the others? When I try to do it manually, they are always slightly different, so when it progresses from one clip to the next, there is a noticeable change in the quality of the clip. I want all the clips from one scene to have the same feel and tint to them – is there anyway I could do this? Please help!

Participant

Copy the clip that has the effects you want to apply to other clips (Edit/Copy) and then select the clips that you want to add the effects to and right click on the clips and choose Paste Attributes. This will paste all of the effects from the copied clip, and I mean ALL of them.

Check out the free tutorials at Muvipix.com πŸ™‚

Participant

Ah, that makes sense! When I try it, though, I go to edit and can see the copy option, and the paste attributes option, but they’re faded out and it won’t let me click them! Do I have to change any settings or anything to make those options available, or is there something else I could be doing wrong? Thank you so much!!!

Participant

you can use “preset” in Adobe Premiere not only it can present the same effect but also it has time saving capability. Find Effect presets in the Effects window (Window –> Effects). The Presets folder in the Effects window contains several subfolders. You can choose one which fit for your video clips, and all the video clips will have the same effect.

Participant

You have to select clips on the timeline before the options to copy and paste attributes will become available.

Participant

Thanks so much to both of you! This has helped enormously! πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap