trouble installing Pinnacle 12, searching for Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Miscellaneous Techniques trouble installing Pinnacle 12, searching for Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I recently purchased the bundle of the Pinnacle Studio editing software and Dazzle transfer program

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8853822&st=pinnacle+dazzle&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1209166068566

The only problem is that when I go to install it, it says that Pinnacle Studio 12 requires Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 to function. Please run setup.exe to install this prerequisite. Setup will now abort.

I HAVE Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 on my computer…I even re-downloaded it to make sure. No matter what I try, I cannot get past this point. I’ve been working all night on this and it is frustrating the heck out of me.

Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe

a

Participant

What is your OS? If it is a version of Vista, try running as adminstrator. Right-click the file and choose “Run as administrator”

Inactive

It is Windows XP. I am logged in under HP_Administrator.STRAUB (the computer name I gave when I first set up this computer).

I believe that is considered administrator…or do I have to try to log on as a regular administrator?

Participant

perhaps you could try downloading the trial version to see if that wakes something up upon instalation…if that works, maybe your instalation will work as well…

http://pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/Pinnacle+Studio+Plus+version+12+Trial?code=studio12trial

Also, there are a list of downloads that include recent patches like thisone thatmay help:

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/Studio+Plus+12+Ultimate+Support/Download+Area/Drivers+-+Updates/Studio12_1_3.htm?mode=documents&Display=1

Inactive

Thanks for the advice, CraftersofLight and Coreece,

It turns out that apparently I did not have the latest update to Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0, even though I have my computer set to automatically receive updates and I already had it loaded on my pc. Even re-downloading the version from Microsoft did nothing, but when I checked under Windows updates, I noticed that there was an update for that. I ran it, waited about an hour for it to download/install, and finally was able to finish the installation for Pinnacle Studios 12. I’m going to try to run it tonight to see if it does what I need.

Thanks again!

Joe

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Nikon lenses — 2021

Nikon cameras are a favorite for DSLR shooters. Nikon has their own line of lenses, but there are also some third-party options available for both F mounts and Z mounts. Here are the best Nikon lenses currently available on the...
homicide-bootstrap