Trouble Creating HD Project in Premiere CS3

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Trouble Creating HD Project in Premiere CS3

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

O.k.I downloaded the trial versionof Adobe Premiere CS3 from the oficcial Website, and i’m trying to wokr om HD video data, but the Premiere CS3 is simply not giving me any option to creat an HD project. Whenever I want to creat it, I have the DV options (Both NTSC and PAL), i havew the 25p option but the HD is simply grey , it’s completley not accesible and i don’t understand why … can anyone PLEASE telle me what to do? Oh and also, I’ve used Premiere 2,0 pro and, all thought here I am able to creat an HD project, at the moment of capturing the data, it simply doesn’t let me do so, the capturer blocks and i have no acces to the cameras controls.

Participant

I believe the answer is because it is the trial version.

Usually Adobe disables certain features for the trials.

Participant

I was considering that .. hehehe … thats why I tried with the Premiere 2.0 … but had problems there too… as I said, I’m able to create the HD project but at the moment of capturing the data, it simply doesn’t let me do so, the capturer blocks and I have no access to the cameras controls.

Participant

What is the camera model and the type of HD you are trying to capture. Is is an HD format supported by PPro?

Participant

Participant

Yes, the trial version disables the HD presets, but you can create a custom preset that will allow you to edit HD footage.

Select new project and select the “custom settings” tab and set the “editing mode” to desktop. This will then allow you to set the frame size to whatever you want (eg.1280×720)

You will need to have an undestanding of the codecs and pixel aspect ratios used for HD since using premiere in this way is completely manual, but allows forbetter control.

You may have problems with playback of uncompressed HD AVI’s depending on your computer, and you may even have to reconvert files to a different format after they have been exported from premiere in order to use them….so, I would recommend using Adobe Media Ecoder that can be accessed within premiere. This encoder will give you options foronly Flash, real media, quicktime and windows media; all of witch have settings for HD export.

Good Luck

You may jsut have to use another program to capture the footage than edit in Premiere….

Participant

O.k will try .. thanks a lot.

Participant

Any program recomended to capture the HD footage?

Participant

You could try Sony Vegas, but I’m not sure if they also disable the HD capturing feature.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope

Here is a site that will help you with HDcapturing in Vegas if infact you can use the HD feature…

http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/articles/hdv/HDV_and_Sony_Vegas.htm

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap