tripod help

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

looking to buy a tripod for my gl2, it has to be around $100, any good recommendations?

Inactive

Bestbuy has a tripod for $78.00 dollars that I use for my GL2. It also turns into a mono-pod. It is amazing and I highly recommend it!

Inactive

is this the tripod?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8480636&st=tripod&type=product&id=1185268654383

Also how does it do with panning and stuff?

GO4IT!

Will

Participant

A tripod is something that you can’t really be cheap about. You want one that has a fluid head, a sliding plate so you can balance the weight of your camera, and some good weight to it so that when you’re zoomed in it doesn’t shake too much. I have a good tripod that works well when I zoom my GL2 in all the way, but when I throw my 2X teleconverter on, it’s no longer stable enough.

You get what you pay for with this item, and I doubt you are going to find a truly decent tripod for 100 dollars. Throw down at least 200, man.

Inactive

I have to agree with robgrauert. I got my first fluid head not long ago. The difference between that and the consumer tripods at bestbuy, circuit city, etc., is night and day. I got a Davis and Sanford from B&H. It came with a free dolly, case and extra slide mounting plate – all for $200. Not sure when I’ll use the dolly, but it’s cool to have.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/243272-REG/Davis_Sanford_PROVISTA7518_Pro_Vista_Tripod_with.html

This tripod is really pretty good, but not pretty great. Still I think I got my money’s worth.

BTW – I using a 3.3 lb. VX2100 and it is rock solid on this pod.

Good Luck in your search.

Participant

Yea. I think my friend has that tripod, FallingStarFilms. I personally wouldn’t get it. I’m sure it functions great, but I prefer tripods with the crutch style legs rather the telescoping legs. They’re just easier to latch and unlatch. Nice choice though. Dollies are fun to use too.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap