tripod help

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

looking to buy a tripod for my gl2, it has to be around $100, any good recommendations?

Inactive

Bestbuy has a tripod for $78.00 dollars that I use for my GL2. It also turns into a mono-pod. It is amazing and I highly recommend it!

Inactive

is this the tripod?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8480636&st=tripod&type=product&id=1185268654383

Also how does it do with panning and stuff?

GO4IT!

Will

Participant

A tripod is something that you can’t really be cheap about. You want one that has a fluid head, a sliding plate so you can balance the weight of your camera, and some good weight to it so that when you’re zoomed in it doesn’t shake too much. I have a good tripod that works well when I zoom my GL2 in all the way, but when I throw my 2X teleconverter on, it’s no longer stable enough.

You get what you pay for with this item, and I doubt you are going to find a truly decent tripod for 100 dollars. Throw down at least 200, man.

Inactive

I have to agree with robgrauert. I got my first fluid head not long ago. The difference between that and the consumer tripods at bestbuy, circuit city, etc., is night and day. I got a Davis and Sanford from B&H. It came with a free dolly, case and extra slide mounting plate – all for $200. Not sure when I’ll use the dolly, but it’s cool to have.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/243272-REG/Davis_Sanford_PROVISTA7518_Pro_Vista_Tripod_with.html

This tripod is really pretty good, but not pretty great. Still I think I got my money’s worth.

BTW – I using a 3.3 lb. VX2100 and it is rock solid on this pod.

Good Luck in your search.

Participant

Yea. I think my friend has that tripod, FallingStarFilms. I personally wouldn’t get it. I’m sure it functions great, but I prefer tripods with the crutch style legs rather the telescoping legs. They’re just easier to latch and unlatch. Nice choice though. Dollies are fun to use too.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap