Tripod heads, Umiversial or not?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Ok, so i got this new tripod, awesome, sturdy carbon fiber legs with rubber feet and spikes. I love it. except the head is crap. I spent a fortune on this tripod that “claimed” to be a fluid head, but from where i stand, its not, and will never be in a million years.

Soooo

I was wondering if i could buy a fluid head and just pop it on top of my fancy carbon fiber tripod. I know that you can replace the head because i have taken it off before. but now im wondering if i can just buy a new tripod head like the Manfrotto 701HDV compact fluid head and just screw it on there or is it more complicated than that?

Participant

No…not all heads are universal.

What is the make and model of your sticks? It sounds you described a Libec….if that is the case, the 701HDV will not fit.

Participant

How do you know

Participant

i see that coming out of the peak of my stages (sticks). there is a 1/2 inchmettlecylinderwith about an 1/8th inch female screw at the climax of thecylinder. does that help?

There is no markings on my tripod whatsoever, i think the stages may becheaperthan i had originally thought.

Participant

It should look like this in order to use the 701 HDV:

http://www.teamworkphoto.com/images/manfrotto/055ccsb.jpg

Participant

Ok, cool

Good news, and bad news…

The bad news is that my tripod doesent have that–shoot

2nd – I do have an old velbon vef-3 tripod that is extremely heavy and pinches you a lot

But it realy gets the job done well.. and it does have that screw on it–goodie

Thanks sooooo much for the help- you saved my life here- i appreciate it

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap