Tripod for Canon HV20

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi, hope you’re all having a good day when you read this. I’m about to get a tripod for my HV20 which just got in today, but don’t have a clue as to which one to get. I mean with so many out there.. I was thinking
      Bogen Manfrotto and would like to spend no more than around $200 – 250. I mean for such a small camera I wouldn’t imagine I’d need anything too expensive. I do want something quality that will have a good head included. Any recommendations? Thanks! πŸ˜•

Inactive

Amen to the above response. A good tripod will last through several cameras.

And take a look at the "Tips and Techniques" sections of episodes 27 and 28 of Videomaker presents (on the Videomaker website here). They give excellent advice on tripod selection.

My 3 cents worth, πŸ™‚
      Ken Hull

P.S. — Michael, it sounds like you’re just starting out with videomaking, and don’t feel ready to invest over $400 in a tripod. I can totally relate. πŸ˜€
      You could "get by" with a $150 tripod for now. But as you get more into videomaking, you’ll eventually be shopping for a tripod in the $400 to $600 range.

Inactive

Thanks for the advice Hank. I was looking to pay about that much, but if I want a combo of head and legs, then it’s more in the $400 price range. I’m gonna go for the 503 and still thinking about the legs though.
      Oh and Ken, it’s actually kind of a good coincidence for me, I just finished vid 25, so I’m about to get to the tripod advice segment.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment β€” 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap