TriCaster 455 vs. ATEM 1 M/E

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

My company is going to build a production studio for product demos, training videos and webinars. I’ve seen demos of the TriCaster at NAB2012 and at a local reseller, but I have no experience with the Black Magic ATEM 1 M/E switcher and broadcast panel. So tell me – besides the HDMI inputs in the ATEM, what other differences do I need to know about?

Participant

ATEM switchers are mainly that – switchers. TriCasters go well beyond with Live Virtual Sets, dual DDR playback, live webasting, ISO recording of Program Stream AND sources at full res, built-in editing and CG apps. TC has built-in scaling to convert any video input source resolution and frame rate to any desired output, including computer sources from a network. ATEM playback channels are limited to very short clips/logos/transitions, while TC can playback hours of footage from hard drives. Apples and oranges in many areas.

Jeff Pulera
      Safe Harbor Computers
      Newtek Dealer

Participant

tricaster virtual sets  Downloadable Virtual Sets for green screen chromakey Backgrounds and Tricaster Virtual Sets HD Broadcast Quality

Participant

You cant mix different resolution cameras on the ATEM units through SDI

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video editing software — 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap