Travelogue Experience

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone have experience in travelogue filming?

It seems like a simple business of traveling somewhere, filming interesting things, and then documenting them. I see travelogues for RVing and other hobbies.

Would like to know the pros and cons, based off your experiences

Participant

How would you market them?

Participant

Hi,
      Here is an organization dedicated to travelogues. They could use some "new blood." A filmmaker could establish a niche in this field if talented, hard working, and focused on this speciality area. The more uninhibited or creative filmmakers might not even think to look in this area, but I think it’s ripe. (Kind of like Martin S doing a Martha S special, if you know what I mean…)
      http://www.travelfilms.org
      REGARDS … TOM 8)

Participant

I stumbled across this site and have submitted my video, proberly the simplest way of making money from your videos http://www.mytvbiz.com
      Let me know what you think!

Inactive

<Jade>

How much have you made using this service? I’m curious! How long have you been submitting video?

Thanks,

MF

Participant

So far I believe it is a trial period where for the best video you can get 200, and as many people dont know much about this service…. I think my chances are quite high.

I only submitted one video, however when this website goes live …. I will add my quality videos and see how much i make! have you tried it!!! πŸ˜• πŸ˜€

Inactive

I’m a little late to the discussion, but I have been doing this for a few years now and have found a great niche filming travelogues. I’m hooked up with International Student Volunteers and travel along with their teams, film their projects, sell DVDs to the team members and the raw footage to ISV. They also cover my travel costs and pay a small per diem to offset some of my expenses. All in all, it’s a sweet deal.

Brian

PS Go to Google Video and search under "ISV Australia" or "ISV New Zealand" for some samples. Or visit vv.typepad.com/videoblog.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap