Travel Video Edit, teaching myself final cut studio.

Anonymous (not verified)

this is a travel video i just edited, I am teaching myself to edit on Final Cut. Feel free to give feedback. thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85dcxRePtFA

vid-e-o-man's picture
Plus Member

dtrean, enjoyed watching your video, really liked the ending shot.A few suggestions: clip around 1:30-2:10(clouds passing over mountain) could have been a little shorter, it's good to vary the lengths of your clips but this one seems a bit too long for the pace of the rest, maybe a few too many different types of effects in the total video. Perhaps pick just a few to use and repeat them throughout the video. Great shots of the flora and fauna. I personally would have like to see some description of where the footage came from, maybe some text or shots of road signs, villiage names etc. Overall I really enjoyed watching it. Keep shooting!

EarlC's picture

Tony, one of the best resources (there are several, but ...) for affordable instruction on FCP is Lynda.com check it out. Another neat place to visit for informative snippets of FCP info is on Twitter, thedvshow good places to start your journey.

CraftersOfLight's picture
Plus Member

If all you wanted to do was learn how to use FCS, it looks like you're on the right track. Learning how to make your cuts and transitions is a way to get familiar with you software.

The next level that becomes more difficult is learning when to use certain transitions and cuts. Just because it is available in your software does not mean you have to use it. It can be hard to follow if the video appears to be nothing but random cuts and transitions. It all depends on what you are trying to tell/show your viewer.

In reviewing your video I found some of the transitions confusing because the images did notappear to go together. This is important if you are trying to tell a story with your video. You hadwonderful images and shots in the video butI had a very hard time trying to "follow" your story.

Life is not a guided tour nor a destination. It is a journey. Take the time to enjoy your family, friends and surroundings. Build memories. Share experiences. Travel at sight speed not light speed. (C)

grinner's picture

some pretty wonderful stuff, brother. Loved the timelapse stuff big time. Rock on and enjoy, man.