Transmitting Video to remote receiver

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Internet search for a transmitter (from camera)/receiver to PC or video projector is a confusing excercise since the focus seems to be within a domestic environment between TVs or even security applications. I’m looking for a cable-free application at moderate cost to transmit a video & audio signal from a camcorder to a video projector. This is also to assist mobility within a church or function environment. Any ponters to suitable models and/or sources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Alexian

Participant

If you are talking about a radio frequency (RF) link between two places, I think it is going to be expensive.  RFs are “owned” by the FCC.  Contact your local field office and describe your needs and I think they might be able to help you.  My guess is several thousand dollars.

Thanks Bill,
      hat may help somewhat is that I don’t (perhaps sadly) live in the USA – South Africa to be exact. Providing the frequency operates within a permissable range and isn’t strong enough to interfere with commercial frequencies I should be OK. Unfortunately I won’t be able to ask the right questions until I have some idea of which ranges are used by available equipment. Your comment on cost is of concern since that would impact on the viability of the solution I’m looking for.

thanks again, Alexian

“I’m looking for a cable-free application at moderate cost to transmit a video & audio signal from a camcorder to a video projector.”

My instincts tell me that WiFi might be the answer. I don’t have any specific recomendations on hardware since I’ve never had to research such an app.

Rick Crampton

Thanks gldnears. Never thought of WiFi or even bluetooth. I know that wireless systems do exist from an exhibition I attended but, as Bill suggested, they’re expensive. Only justifiable if there’s a reasonable chance of payback commercially. I’ll research the WiFi option as you suggest.

Alexian

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap