Transferring audio cassettes to CD

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello,
      I’m having trouble transferring audio cassettes to cd. We’re using Nero Smart start or media player. We can get the cassette to a file, but cannot burn out to cd. Need some help. Thanks! πŸ˜•

Participant

Carolyn,

You don’t say what file type you are capturing the audio to. There are several applications that will allow you to edit the audio tracks and rip them to differenct formats to then burn to CD. Some of them are free or very inexpensive utilities.

I do this quite a bit as I deal with getting an organization’s training seminars to CD- but we now use inexpensive digital audio recorders to record without tape- quality is way better and transferring requires nothing more than a USB cable.

Give us more detail and maybe we can help.

Although this is a video forum, I’m sure no one will mind the little side-track as it can be related…

Marlo

Inactive

I gave up on the PC based process. I have a Lite-On 5045 dual format DVD recorder that does audio CDs also. Plug the source deck’s audio cables into it and start burning. The amount of time I spent importing into the PC and messing with files was way longer than the present method. You can do tracks on the fly or stop the recording between cuts. This is way easy.

Participant

That’s interesting…. I was looking into getting a deck for video but I didn’t even think about audio.

Can you do any editing? Fade in/out, talkover, intro-music?

I do a good amount of editing including deleting “blank space” in a talk to cut down on the length of the recording. For example, even though it is not truly “blank” during a seminar the speaker may fumble with slides, take a drink, etc. and often I can get 5 to 10 minutes removed from a long talk. Live, that’s OK, but on a recording, its torture.

Marlo

Inactive

I edit everything before burning- a lot more control. A lot of DVD decks let you “edit”, but this can be less exact and more time consuming.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap