TRansfer DEvice

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #39342

      HI Guys,

      i have searched the posts/ forum for an answer to this, but so far have not come up with anything.

      I know that you can buy a device that will rewind DV tapes, to save the cameras motor / workings, but i wantt o know if you can buy a similar device that will transfer the actual footage to the PC, so a small tape player that has Firewire output.

      I would have thought that would be readily available to save the heads on the cam.



    • #170252

      I am not sure if you have found an answer to your question yet. There are plenty of them out there. The draw back is a lot of them are very spendy (usually $1500 and up). I am currently using a Panasonic AG-DV2500 at work. One that I know is a little more affordable that I have worked with is the JVC HR-DVS3 which is about $800. It’s a dual player that can send both DVmini and VHS to your computer through firewire.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products