Touch up face in video

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      svtcobraltd
      Participant

How would you go about touching up a face or skin in a video? I am using all Adobe programs.

D0n
      Participant

the best way is make-up before filming. I’d suggest one easy way is to duplicate the clip in a second layer, apply a gausian blur and desaturate the color a bit and set a blend mode to “soft light” (try different blend modes) to get a softer look to the whole clip.

to do that to the face only may require masking, motion, and or rotoscoping, all of which, there are other people on this forum, that may be able to help more…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Don’t know if you refer to retouching just color or appliying soft filters (some blur) to “erase” face defects.

If don’t want to affect the rest of the image you need to define the area you want to color correct. You can do it through masks or mattes. Usually will need to feather or blur the borders.

Then apply any filter as needed (some experimentation here) until you obtain the desired effect over the image and using the mask apply that process just to the face or body.

The same with CC (Color Correction) where you can work on HLS (hue, lightness and saturation) for the highlights, medium and shadows.

This in general applies to any decent editing suite. I can’t elaborate in Premiere because don’t have any experience.

Hope this help

Ricky
      http://www.editinglinks.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Miscellaneous Techniques’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best tripods for video — 2021

Carefully comparing and reviewing system specs will ultimately help you find the best tripod to fit your needs and your budget.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN