Total Novice Needs advice on buying video camera

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I would like to buy a video camera for $300 or under that is both YouTube ready and “Moviemaker” friendly. Is this possible? Obviously I am a total novice at this. My girlfriend recently bought me a camera, but it recorded in MOV? Then I had to find a program to convert it to AVI so that it would work with Moviemaker. The conversion was a whole extra step and took a long time. Since I already know how to use Moviemaker, I’d rather not start using another program for editing. I have seen a couple of Sony cameras that have a little sticker that say YOUTUBE READY, but then I read that they don’t work with Moviemaker? Can someone please shed some light on this for me? If possible, send a link to any recommended cameras. Sorry to sound so ignorant. Your help is very much appreciated.

swat791
      Participant

I personally would suggest something that shoots on a MiniDV and firewire output.

The first cameras that comes to mind are the Sony DCR-HC52 or the DCR-HC62. Both run under $300

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN