Title Overlay and Other Video Effects

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve been trying to make PNG and GIF files for transparent images to place over a piece of my video to create an effect, but the transparency doesn’t work.

I have title effects with my editor that do what I’m trying to get images to do, but I bet it’s another file type. I’ve been looking for video effect editors, but I want to input my effects into MY editor, and not use another to do it for that purpose.

I’m making custom effects, it’s for a video game parody I’m making, and I want a certain effect to overlay an image on top of the scene. Kind of like if I want the HP and MP of the characters to show when the scene is a battle scene.

So what I need is something to create the transparency that my video creator can read.

Inactive

I took a jpeg image and removed the background then placed it on a green background all in photoshop.
      I used "keying/green screen" to "remove" the green background and my image was in my video in Elements 3.
      Video was on track 1 and the image was on track 2.

I don’t know if that’s the best way but it worked for me.

I hope that helps.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap