Title for Credit in Video

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forums and couldn’t seem to find this question already asked, but please forgive me if it was. I would like to know what you call yourself in your video productions. I have been creating a video for a medical group and now that it comes time do the finishing credits, I don’t know what to put as my title. Is the term Videographer one that is desirable or is that too general? I helped edit a script written by a manager at the company, as well as do all storyboarding, sound, lighting, filming and editing. I plan on using this production as part of my resume so I would like to have a title that would help me get jobs in the future. Thanks for the help!

Participant

DIRECTED BY
      SmilinEric

…sounds about right to me…

Participant

Brainstorming:
      A Film By Smilin Eric; A Smilin Eric Production; a very conventional credit line would be Produced and Directed by Smilin Eric. You could bring others in as: Co-Producers or Executive Producers. You don’t want to create envy so sharing credit is good. In your own demo, promo, or marketing reel, you can always do different titles that elaborate more as the need requires.

REGARDS … TOM 8)

Participant

Right! "A Smilin Eric Production" is good too as Tom suggests. Tom, I was wondering – "Produced by" refers to the one who funds the program, no?

In your own demo, promo, or marketing reel, you can always do different titles that elaborate more as the need requires.

Good suggestion too – this is helpful to me too! πŸ˜€

Participant

This might be a useful link too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_crew

πŸ˜€

Inactive

I just slap a big’ol "By Lord James, prognosticator of prognosticators" at the end of mine! X-D

But seriously, "directed by" or "a film by" or "a production of" all work.

Participant

I would put Producer, Camera & Editing: Smiling Eric.
      Give credit to all who was at help including those bringing coffee and cleaning the mess.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap