Time & Date Verification

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      KEPelton
      Participant

Hello. Theobligatory “I’m new” tag must be used here. I searched for this topic, but didn’t find anything so I thought I’d ask.

In a nutshell, I am needing to shoot video for work, and I’m needing to verify the time, and more importantly the date it was shot, for legal reasons. I know there is the time and date stamp, but those can be altered by changing the time and date on the camera.

The no-frills suggestion by a co-worker was to shoot the daily newspaper that shows the current date, but that to me, is a little low-brow for our intended audience. However, it is probably the most fool-proof method. I’m curious if there is anyone out there that has a better suggestion, or know of some other way or technology.

I’m just trying to come up with some ideas for my boss. I’m still in the brainstorming stage and I’m not coming up with anything solid. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh, I have a Sony DCR-SR68 camera, but if another camera or equipment would work, I’m not above changing cameras.

Thanks.

-K

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Miscellaneous Techniques’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.