This disc cannot be played. Please check the TV system

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing This disc cannot be played. Please check the TV system

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi there – help please! I am having a technical issue. I had success with Ulead Video Studio 9 SE Dvd previously.I had captured videos with a <span style=”background: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; cursor: hand; border-bottom: #0066cc 1px dashed” id=”lw_1196739988_12″ class=”yshortcuts”>TV tuner</span> (old VHS
      tapes). When I created a DVD with them (menu and all). The discs worked fine.

Now I am trying to do virtually the same thing, with video imported from a camcorder (mini DV format – 16:9 aspect ration in filming), and am now getting the following error: “This disc cannot be played. Please check the TV system” when I insert the finalizd disc in my <span style=”cursor: hand; border-bottom: #0066cc 1px dashed” id=”lw_1196739988_13″ class=”yshortcuts”>DVD player</span>. The disc works fine in my computer (will play), but not in a stand-alone <span style=”background: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; cursor: hand; border-bottom: #0066cc 1px dashed” id=”lw_1196739988_14″ class=”yshortcuts”>DVD player</span>. I am very confused at this as the process worked perfectly previously. Same discs. The file type are WMVs. Please help!

Have you actually created a DVD this time or is it just a DVD disk containing your footage in WMV format that you’re trying to play?

Inactive

Your computer monitor will display many formats- it’s software driven.. You ask a stand-alone and TV to do the same thing, it won’t happen. You created a format that the DVD player and/or TV won’t handle. Look at the DVD players instruction book for supported PLAYBACK formats. The DVD player has to supply the correct format to the TV/Monitor. Check those settings to see if you can change format output. Basically though, I think your format isn’t compatable with the DVD player. Start with the 16:9 conversion.

Participant

Hi there – I’m not sure what the difference between a “DVD” and “DVD disc containing footage in wmv format”. THe first two times, I had no problem (the footage was wmv) and it played just fine in our DVD player. The only difference is that the first time, it was originally on VHS that I imported using a TV tuner. This time, it’s coming in from a camcorder.

I will try the 16:9 conversion. Hopefully that solves the problem. Any more input is appreciated!

I assumed that maybe the first time you had created a DVD using DVD Architect or something similar, which would have created the Mpeg2 setup your player could read, and that the second time you had simply copied the WMV files to a DVD with Nero, or something like that. And that could have been the cause of the problem.

What are you using to create the DVDs, and have used the same method each time?

Participant

Are we sure the new discs are finalized? A quick test would be to try to add more data to them. If it takes it then they were not.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio editing software for video editors — 2021

Let's look at the best audio editing software currently on the market, then go over the most important features to consider as you shop.
homicide-bootstrap