The Text Message (New Video)

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel HartDaniel Hart
      Participant

Our newest video, The Text Message.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jL0INlp2Aw

nice intro with slider, nice storyline, nice end shot after credits. the acting was pretty good, too (a weak spot in a lot of shorts i’ve seen on youtube).

only suggestions i’d have are audio (easy to hear, but seemed a bit amped up in spots–almost distorting). also, the color was a bit dull. maybe color correction to pump up those colors, more light, etc.

fyi the guitar playing really was pretty good, too!

Participant

Daniel

Thanks for another entertaining Saturday morning. The writing, acting, story line, and camera angles are all good. Very creative.

I think the only thing that will make your productions better will be technical items such as some of the the things pseudosafari mentioned above.

Keep shooting

Tony

Daniel HartDaniel Hart
      Participant

pseudosafari, I appreciate all the feedback. And I’m glad you recognized the slider shot in the beginning. My Dad & I actually made our own DIY slider a couple weeks ago and this was the first production I got to use it on.

I did have to boost the audio quite a bit in editing. I’m still trying to figure out the audio on my panasonic HMC40. Unless I drop the mic level a lot, every time someone yells it gets all scratchy.

For color and lighting, currently, I don’t have any sort of real lighting kit. This is why we always film with those big windows open, cause that’s the only way to get the video bright enough.

Thank you both for taking the time to check it out and give feedback.

Participant

Just a thought and something that I use because they are cheap. I keep 4 foam core poster boards I got at Wal-Mart handy to bounce light. I have white as well as a red, green, and yellow. It gives you some creative options with the bounce color.

I attach them to what ever is handy such as an old tripod or a floor lamp. You have a lot of light coming in thru the windows and you could easily bounce some fill light.

I also have some in-expensive clamp on lights from home depot I use with somehalogen bulbs orfluorescent bulbs depending on what I am doing. These lights can be harsh but you can soften them by bouncing the lights.

Tell us a little more about the slider you built. It certainly was very smooth and made for a nice shot.

Daniel HartDaniel Hart
      Participant

We used this video as a guideline.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ILlNjfqc3EM

Unfortunately, I don’t have a tripod with a removable head. So instead we just attached a quick release plate to the bottom of it, so that we can easily put it on and off the tripod. And the head we used came off of my boom poll.

I’ll post a little video of it later.

Daniel HartDaniel Hart
      Participant

Alright, here’s a quick little video I put together of the slider and some of the stuff we used to make it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0I9JJKPKto

Participant

vid is set to private

Daniel HartDaniel Hart
      Participant

My bad, should be good now.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap