The Next Level of Wedding Video….

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I’ve shot weddings as a photographer both in an official capacity and as a freelancer. I personally try to avoid doing weddings as a videographer because the majority of potential clients don’t understand that my services come with a level of quality of look and content they must be prepared to pay for.

Now that the wedding video industry has started to mature, the artistic and professional quality has grown exponentially from ‘Uncle Joe’ and his hand held camera to Digital Cinematography.

So with that in mind, if you are looking to get into wedding video work or already making a living at it you should ask yourself; what’s the next level and how far is my current work from it? Whether you are already asking yourself these questions or scratching your heads, check out the latest discussion on the topic from the latest panel of Steve Zacuto’s ‘Film Fellas’

FilmFellas Cast 5

Okay, for some reason the link in the first post is acting weird. Anyway, the video for the previous post is ‘Film Fellas’ Cast 5 #21 ‘Creative License’.

In Episode #20 ‘New Art Form’, the discussion concerns whether wedding videos can be considered ‘Art’. Usually, when the word ‘Art’ is mentioned concerning video images of tempermental directors and lavishly over-budget productions come to mind. Is it unreasonable to think that beyond the typical journeyman-like business of making wedding videos, wedding producers could create something that could be considered art? Is the wedding video producer merely a ‘tool’ to augment the wedding photographer or can you be considered a ‘cinematographer’ there to make unforgettable imagery?

FilmFellas Cast 5

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio editing software for video editors — 2021

Let's look at the best audio editing software currently on the market, then go over the most important features to consider as you shop.
homicide-bootstrap