The Ghost in the Machine

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

-> O.K. no big deal or anything.

I was wondering if anyone knows the production trick used in “Gothika” to create/simulate the girl Ghost’s walking pattern. It’s, for lack of a better term, sticky. I’ve played with backward walking reversed, as I am quite certain that was used, but I wonder if anyone knows for certain.

This might be considered a tips/tricks effects question I guess.

While I’m on the subject, I’d also like to hear about some of the other inherently creepy ghost-person effects used in films. The keyed jump-cuts at the end of “The Ring” come to mind.

This subject matter is for general knowledge and not a specific project, so there’s no rush for an answer.

Inactive

I just thought I’d post, cause no one else did… no useful tips you or anything.

Inactive

I don’t remember where I saw this but the effect used in Gothika for the girl walking (if that’s what you mean), was basically removing a couple of frames here and there within the scene. As for the ghost thing, like when she came out of the TV towards the end of the movie and then all of a sudden was right in front of him, I can only assume they cut some frames there too. Hope that helps.[/quote]

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap