Text/Title zoom-in options on CS4

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi! I recently got a 30-day trial of Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, and I am desperate to make a video with text which zooms in during play. But the only options I can find for the text are some roll and crawl options. Surely there are more options than this? Does anyone know if there are more options, and if I can get the text to zoom-in? If I cant, are there any good pieces of software which can do the job instead? Preferrably HD quality too.

Many Thanks!

Participant

You need to learn keyframing, you can adjust the Motion Properties (Scale and Position) with keyframes.

There is an article on Basic Keyframing here http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=41

It is for Premiere Elements but the process is almost identical. There are other tutorials and articles as well.

Inactive

Fantastic! All I want is to write some titles with it getting progressively bigger as the seconds elapse. Looks like ive got alot to learn!

Thanks alot!!!

Participant

Keyframing really isn’t that hard. Once you catch on it becomes easy.

Just remember that you need to set the first keyframe on a clip manually, after that the program sets the rest for you automatically.

So setting a keyframe at the initial size at the start of the title is the first step. Then you move the CTI down the timeline, then scale up the title in the properties, Premiere will set a keyframe at that point automatically to the new size. Works the same for position, opacity and any other clip property. Also works the same for most of the effects, so once you learn keyframing you learn a whole lot about the program and how to do some amazing things with video πŸ™‚

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap