Tell us your funniest story while making video…

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Open Forum Tell us your funniest story while making video…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Got a funny story or something that happened while you were shooting a video? Tell us about it…

Participant

My first film was for a Boy Scout merit badge(Cinematography). My scout leader divided us up into groups and we did treatments, scripts, storyboards, etc. There was a lot of funny things about that film, but it’s a long story…

The wildest part was that my best friend and I had actor problems during production so that eventually we had three hours to do all the editing/graphics/sound before we showed our movie to the troop. This meant that we couldn’t add the AWESOME musical score I had written on my guitar. So, during my first premiere,I sat at the back of the room playing my guitar so that my movie would have music. My audience wasn’t very impressed. It makes me laugh now.

Inactive

My first film was for a Boy Scout merit badge(Cinematography). My scout leader divided us up into groups and we did treatments, scripts, storyboards, etc. There was a lot of funny things about that film, but it’s a long story… The wildest part was that my best friend and I had actor problems during production so that eventually we had three hours to do all the editing/graphics/sound before we showed our movie to the troop. This meant that we couldn’t add the AWESOME musical score I had written on my guitar. So, during my first premiere, I sat at the back of the room playing my guitar so that my movie would have music. My audience wasn’t very impressed. It makes me laugh now.

Hey man, good for you for playin’ it anyway.

Inactive

It was about 100 degrees outside and I was shooting a scene that had to look like it was in a place with no water or anybody around. So I found a perfect spot filled with sand, tumbleweed, and dead/burnt trees. But there was a slight problem, it was about 2 miles and I would have to cross 2 busy highways to get there. And remember, I am young so I don’t have a car which means I have to do this on foot. So me and my friend are packing my camera and getting ready to go. About 40 car wrecks later we are at the place. We drank all the water we had on the way there, it is burning hot, and we are exhausted. Then we turn on the camera, my friend gets ready to start acting, and I hit the record button. But then I notice something flashing on my screen. So I am looking at it I am too hot and tired to focus on the screen or anything else. So I told my friend to go find some shade so we can rest a bit. So we’re laying in a ditch (only shade we could find) and we’re talking about the video. Then I take out my camera to make sure the battery isn’t ready to explode. I turn it on and I see the thing on my screen again. But now I am fully awake so I can whats flashing. The moment I saw it I was thinking in my head why the mighty gods of film making would do this to me. The message on my screen read, “NO TAPE”. I then called my mom and forced her to come pick us up πŸ™‚

Inactive

It was about 100 degrees outside and I was shooting a scene that had to look like it was in a place with no water or anybody around. So I found a perfect spot filled with sand, tumbleweed, and dead/burnt trees. But there was a slight problem, it was about 2 miles and I would have to cross 2 busy highways to get there. And remember, I am young so I don’t have a car which means I have to do this on foot. So me and my friend are packing my camera and getting ready to go. About 40 car wrecks later we are at the place. We drank all the water we had on the way there, it is burning hot, and we are exhausted. Then we turn on the camera, my friend gets ready to start acting, and I hit the record button. But then I notice something flashing on my screen. So I am looking at it I am too hot and tired to focus on the screen or anything else. So I told my friend to go find some shade so we can rest a bit. So we’re laying in a ditch (only shade we could find) and we’re talking about the video. Then I take out my camera to make sure the battery isn’t ready to explode. I turn it on and I see the thing on my screen again. But now I am fully awake so I can whats flashing. The moment I saw it I was thinking in my head why the mighty gods of film making would do this to me. The message on my screen read, “NO TAPE”. I then called my mom and forced her to come pick us up πŸ™‚

That’s definitely a rough trip – bet you’ve never gone out again without checking for tape…

Inactive

I was shooting a series of comercials for a cable show(Wedding Magazine) and one of the advertisers was a bakery. The owner wanted to do the commercial herself instead of our talent. She would freeze when tape rolled and was starting to look like we where going to use up the whole day. We told her that we were going to take a coffee break and asker her to practice her lines with the camera unmanned. We returned about 10 minutes later and asked her how it went. She felt she had got into her comfort zone.

We rewound the tape and checked it on the monitor- perfect! We didn’t tell her tape was rolling while she practiced and we had turned off the the “red light” on the camera. At first she was stunned that we rolled the tape, but after showing her the perfect take, she was greatly releaved she wouldn’t have to try again.

Inactive

The 2nd wedding I ever shot, I was interviewing the maid of honor and she started off with a mic in her hand and under the glare of the cam light said” As you see behind me there are 3 dead bodies – oh, I’m sorry, I thought I was at work.” Then she continued her congratulations for the bride and groom. I thought this was so odd. I brushed her off as a weirdo and went on with my filmming. The next day I was watching thelocal news and there was the maid of honor as a TV reporter. She was holding a microphone just like at the wedding and started off with congratulatory comments for the bride and groom and quickly cut off and said “Oh, I’m sorry, I thought I was at my brother’s wedding for a minute.” I felt embarased, but had to laugh.I thinkwe shared an inside joke on local television.

Not that funny but it is the best I’ve got.

Trey

Inactive

The 2nd wedding I ever shot, I was interviewing the maid of honor and she started off with a mic in her hand and under the glare of the cam light said” As you see behind me there are 3 dead bodies – oh, I’m sorry, I thought I was at work.” Then she continued her congratulations for the bride and groom. I thought this was so odd. I brushed her off as a weirdo and went on with my filmming. The next day I was watching the local news and there was the maid of honor as a TV reporter. She was holding a microphone just like at the wedding and started off with congratulatory comments for the bride and groom and quickly cut off and said “Oh, I’m sorry, I thought I was at my brother’s wedding for a minute.” I felt embarased, but had to laugh. I think we shared an inside joke on local television. Not that funny but it is the best I’ve got. Trey

I can only imagine how odd that must have been initially… hopefully the wedding filming went a bit smoother from there on

I do freelance work shooting events for television. Recently I was hired to cover a ceremony at the official residence of the President of my country. I shoot with two cameras: camera one is on the speaker at the podium and camera two (handheld) on the audience.My assistant, a comely lass in her twenties, was on camera one and I on camera two. It was while His Excellency was speaking that I saw my assistant trying to tell me something from across the room. I walked across to her. “I want some water,” she said as I reached her. Now this was President’s House and the President was speaking,where was I to get water? I thought. Just then, without warningshe startedfalling backwards. I tried grabbing her but she slipped through my hands and fell to the wooden floor with a loud thump. The President stopped talking and everybody turned around. Newspaper photographers started snapping pictures. With some assistance I lifted her to a nearby couch. Two doctors were on hand and examined the fainted girl. When she came to, we beat a hasty retreat. I was feeling so embarrased. This girl always works for me and of all places she would choose to faint away was at the President’s House. Now when we remember the incident we just have a good laugh.

Inactive

I showed up outside a church for a fundraiser video. I wanted twilight, and mass had just gotten out, so there were only a few stragglers. My video was going to have flames (Holy Spirit) and a candle-lit ballerina. The ballerina arrived with several costumes, one of which I picked.

We were attracting a certain amount of attention: some serious equipment, talent with costumes, helpers, cameras pointing at the church. The people who were leaving were glancing frequently at us.

When ballerinas do shows, they wear a body-colored leotard and put their costumes over it. This helps them with their costume changes. As I was answering some lighting questions, out of the corner of my eye I (thought I) saw a nude woman. I turned and it was the ballerina with her body colored leotard putting on her costume. I had already let out a loud “YELP” which had attracted even more attention.

She was laughing at me. Goodness knows what the people leaving church were thinking.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
homicide-bootstrap