Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › teleprompter suggestions
- This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years, 5 months ago by Anonymous.
- February 9, 2010 at 8:31 PM #40596AnonymousInactive
I am looking for advice on a good teleprompter to use with a Panasonic 100A or 200A video camera. This if only for occasional use in a corporate setting so I don’t want to sink a ton of money into something. I am hoping to get by for less than $2,000. Any suggestions?
- February 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM #174127SafetyManParticipant
If you are industrius and don’t care so much about the looks (i.e. it is for internal use only), you can make one very easily. I laid a 22″ LCD monitor down flat on a table, and constructed a wooden frame around it. I took a piece of 1/4″ glass, mounted it in a wooden frame and hinged it to the monitor frame at a 45 degree angle. Connected the monitor to a laptop and installed a teleprompter software (I think about $30) on the computer. I mounted a dark cloth over the glass and around the camera to prevent reflections
Most of the this was stuff I had lying around, and as this would only be used by internal employees, I was not too concerned about the look of the prompter, just the usefulness.
- February 10, 2010 at 2:20 AM #174128CraftersOfLightParticipant
Running this on a laptop or small display near the lens?
A forum search on teleprompter gives some other options as well.
- February 10, 2010 at 3:46 AM #174129AnonymousInactive
I saw on a different video related website that you can use an Iphone or Ipod touch for this purpose. As I remeber you have you use a special program to write the script, then upload to the company website. From there itis changed over to a file, you download thatto your device and that is what is scroled across the screen. It sounds like alot of work but it canmount on a camera, a tripod, or by it’s self. I think thatyou can also get a sheild that goes around it to block out glare. I hope thishelps
- February 10, 2010 at 3:57 AM #174130AnonymousInactive
I found what I was talking about, it might not be just what you plans call for but here is a link to the website. https://apps.bodelin.com/proprompter/producer
- February 10, 2010 at 5:08 AM #174131jakeman3Member
here ya go. fairly cheap (well under $2K) & easy to use.
- February 11, 2010 at 2:35 AM #174132AnonymousInactive
Now that is alot better of a setup than the one I saw. I’m glad someone was able to help.
- February 11, 2010 at 7:28 AM #174133RobParticipant
just write on your hand like Sarah Palin
- February 11, 2010 at 11:06 AM #174134AnonymousInactive
“just write on your hand like Sarah Palin”
Heh. Although not everybody can wing an extended speech with just a couple of sentences for notes like that. Although a rig this complex sounds like it’s out of Chip’s price range:
Bipartisan kidding aside, the Ikan PT-1000 might be worth looking into as an option for well under $1000:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.