Syncing Issues

Anonymous (not verified)

I'm having issues with audio/video syncing. It can be off or onat any point in editing. The final save for DVD or CD is a video that looks like the talent's voice is being dubbed in another language. It appears the audio and video are processing at different speeds (?). A friend offered the suggestion that my video and audio cards might be the problem. I currently work with 2 PCs. The first is a Dell XPS 720 desktop w/Intel Core 2 Quad CPU; 2.40 GHz; 2.75 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (2); and Creative SB X-Fi sound card. The second is a Dell XPS M2010 Laptop with a Intel Core 2 CPU; 2.00 GHz; 3.25 GB Ram; ATI mobility Radeon X1800 video card; and a Sigma Tel High Definition Audio card. Both are running on Windows XP. Does anyone have any suggestions that will help me get my syncing issue resolved. Thanks! DR

larrymills's picture

Audio not synched with video upon export in Ultra cs3 or Ultra 2 ???

Audio and video out of synchronization - solved, but would like some help!

On my laptop the audio and video are out of synchronization, but not on my laptop.
So for my laptop, here is what I did, as I cannot figure out my wrong settings on my laptop.

(1) Export only the video portion in Premiere to Ultra, and then bring back this video after ultra into premiere, and use with the original audio track.
(2) For those who cannot follow this, there is a second way to achieve the same results, but a little more cumbersome:
Keep the before ultra audio on Premiere. (Audio track1)
Import the after ultra avi (that had both video and audio) into Premiere.(video track 2 and audio track2.)
Eliminate the audio (that was on audio track2 in Premiere) from Ultra.
Now video track2-after ultra is synchronized with original audio- on track 1 in Premiere.
Now export video track 2 with audio track 1 as an avi file that has synchronized audio and video.