Sync Audio to Video

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello,

I have just cut a new song and I am trying to figure out the best methods of using the original high quality audio track over my video. I am new to the video world and I am looking to know the best way to sync the original audio track with the video.

Any best practices would be helpful.

thanks

Participant

You have probably figured it out by now, but, if not — what video editor are you using?  Most editors allow you to drop an audio track onto the timeline, mute the audio on the video tracks, and them manually align your clips (lower end editors) or wizard-align (high-end editor).  There are 3rd party sync tools available, too.

If you haven’t purchased a video editor, get one that handles “multi-cam” editing so that you can more easily select the clip you want after the video tracks are all synced/aligned on the timeline.

Participant

Take a look at PluralEyes – http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html

Participant

Alternatively, you can create a special, sync’d edit of your audio track to time-match the video. It depends on which is of primary importance – the video or the audio.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap