Sweet 16 Shoot

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Ive been shooting weddings for about a year and a half now. Today I got a call about shooting a Sweet 16 party. Ive never done anything like that before. Off the top of my head I quoted them $75 an hour with a minimun of 4 hours guaranteeing me $300, which they had no problem with. It’s on a Saturday so there is a chance I would be giving up a wedding.

Anyway my questions is, what the heck does a completed Sweet 16 B-day DVD look like? What should I look for, etc. Anyone that has done one of these and could give me some tips, or an example of what theirs looked like would be great. Thanks.

Participant

I would probably approach it like a wedding reception and edit it in short form style, using highlights and music. I wouldn’t think they should expect more than about a 20 minute video.

Participant

Thanks! Thats what I was looking for.

Participant

I don’t know if I totally agree with that.
      I shot my first Sweet 16 about 2 months ago.

Yes – It was shot kind of like a reception

And they were looking for nearly the same coverage as a reception.
      When I met with them, they were expecting at least an Hour of video.

This party included:
      Court Enterences
      First dances
      Speeches (like at at reception)
      Cutting the cake
      And dancing

It was very involved
      It will definitley be more than you expect.

Good luck

Inactive

Agreed there. My first Sweet 16 was composed and processed much in the same style as a wedding…
      Beginning with the Church Ceremony, the Readings, the Confirmation, the Baby pictures, the arrival to the Reception, the first Dances, the Candles, the family/guest photos, the Full Party Dance, the Birthday Cake, the Recollection speeches, the messages from Friends, the Last Dance….

We got about 6 to 8 tapes of RAW material and cut down to 1 hour finished video.
      (it was a loved one’s neighbor & my first themed-shoot so I stayed low in the 300 range).

With all the activities going on, it was a lively shoot which definitely kept me on my toes!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap