Super8 mm

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Ok, this might not be the right forum to ask, but I’m gonna give it a try anyway..

I just got my hands on an old Canon 310XL Super 8mm camera. Now I know this forum is about video, but I figured someone might be aple to help me out.

I’ve already searched the web for information about shooting in super 8mm, and I’ve found several things, but I still got some unanswered questions.

What kind of film should I buy to get in this filmcamera? I’m going to shoot mostly outdoors in sunny conditions. And when I’m done shooting, I guess it has to be developed in order to be able to watch it through a projector right?

I know these may seem stupid questions but forgive me for not growing up with film (I’m just 20 now). I hope some people on this forum have more knowledge about film than I do, and I hope someone can help me out..

thnx in advance

Inactive

I used to shoot super 8. Can’t remember the film type, but things have changed over 20 years. I still have the projector if you are interested. Dang, I still have the Sony Tele-Cine unit!

TheDVshowTheDVshow
      Participant

Giles Perkins from onsuper8.org lets us in on the secrets of Super 8

Listen to the podcast here:
      http://72.41.38.10/shows/thedvshow042406.mp3

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap